Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Ethics

Hey everyone,

Over the summer, I worked at a sporting goods store called Modells. The reason I got hired was because my friends worked there and put in a good recommendation. Modells had all the latest Under Armour and Nike apparel and also cleats, sporting goods, and shoes. There was a lot of cool stuff in the store that would interest most teens. Once most of my friends found out I worked there, a couple of them asked if they could come in and get stuff while I pretended to ring them up but didn't really charge them. I was put in a very tough situation. I was going to have to either hook up my friends and go against my morals or stand by my character and have them be mad at me. I chose to not help them because I had just started working there and more importantly, it went against so many of my morals and would make me feel like a dishonest person. In the end, my friends weren't even mad and I felt proud that I stood up for something that was right when I could have easily done the opposite. It is better to work hard for something rather then to look for the easy way out.

1 comment: